of the startup shoe company Altra

Nơi trao đổi, ký gửi, mua may bán đắt các loại vật phẩm trong Võ Lâm Thiên Hạ

of the startup shoe company Altra

Gửi bàigửi bởi Labi1995 » Thứ 5 15/11/18 14:11

I met Peter from Runblogger in 2008 while attempting to run 124 miles across the state of NH. Pete ran with us a bit and I learned about his blog and love of shoes, gait analysis, etc. Since that time Pete and I have shared our compulsion for finding the perfect shoe. I’ve been writing shoe reviews as well as race reports at my blog, www.bikernate.com for the last several years. I’m honored to be writing a column for Runblogger this coming year. I will be writing about anything to do with trail running. From racing, training and diet to shoe and trail running gear. “Take it on the Run started with a love of running and an annoyance of not being able to find great shoes in my home town. Sure I could go to the local stores, get any major running brand I wanted, have someone fit me improperly, and leave with lighter pockets. But I didn’t want that. I wanted to try different brands that weren’t so readily available in my area.So if you have come here looking for the latest and greatest from the big running giants, sorry. I can’t help you. If you did come here because you believe in the brands I sell, lets make a deal…”John is a big fan of the startup shoe company Altra, and as a vendor he gets advance pairs to try out prior to deciding on whether to sell the shoes. He indicated to me in December that he had a pair of the new Altra Torins, and I asked if he’d be willing to write a review for me. That review follows:As a disclaimer for this review, I own a running “store” that sells Altras. However, I will not let that skew my review of the Torin. I run primarily in the Altra Instinct 1.5s & Altra Superiors.In the last year and a half, I had the good fortune to run in just about every type of Altra shoe that they made. Altra came on the scene almost 2 years ago with the simple Instinct and have built a pretty significant following in that short period of time.“Now, you never have to give up cushion for good form. Altra Footwear added more cushioning to the Zero Drop™, foot-shaped shoe. With a 15 mm, 2-layer A-Bound™ midsole, The Torin™ shoe provides maximum foot relaxation, stabilization and power. Run in it, work out in it – you’ll feel the difference.”When they arrived in the mail I was pretty impressed with the construction of the shoe. I was glad to see that the upper was NOT of the same style as that on the Instinct 1.5’s – it was just 1 layer of mesh like previous Altra models (a few customers and myself have experienced ripping of the upper in the 1.5’s). However, what sets these shoes apart from all previous models is the sole. It measures at 28mm (total stack height) and the midsole is made from their A-Bound™ EVA material. It’s thick when compared with their other models (Instinct = 22mm stack, Sampson/Adam = 10mm stack). I could not find the specs on the outsole – it seems to be a bit thicker than the Instinct 1.5 outsole, but is made of the same blown rubber compound. Although the overall thickness of the sole is a major departure from other models, Altra did a really good job maintaining a foot shaped design with the characteristic enormous Altra toe-box that everyone loves.
Labi1995

Bài viết: 471
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 3 19/06/18 15:03
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: of the startup shoe company Altra

Gửi bàigửi bởi donguyen23 » Chủ nhật 02/12/18 4:11

donguyen23

Bài viết: 3219
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 09/07/18 12:35
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần