ck out six and walk

Khu vực troa đổi, kêu gọi gia nhập bang hội ở các server và các vùng miền

ck out six and walk

Gửi bàigửi bởi panxing18 » Thứ 3 21/08/18 15:35

Two days after returning from the paternity list Authentic Customized Titans Jerseys , Brandon Crawford’s sleep pattern is slowly getting back to normal. His swing is looking smooth, too.

Crawford doubled twice, tripled and drove in three runs, leading the San Francisco Giants over the San Diego Padres 5-3 on Saturday.

The breakout game came less than a week after Crawford’s wife gave birth to the couple’s fourth child, son Bryson.

”You just know him, you know it’s a matter of time,” manager Bruce Bochy said. ”I’m sure his timing was a little bit off. Today he found it. We needed it.”

Crawford went into the game mired in an 0-for-18 funk. He walked in the second inning, hit a triple off Matt Strahm in the fourth and doubled in a pair of runs off Adam Cimber (3-4) in the sixth. Crawford also doubled and scored in the eighth.

”Even though I may not have looked that good at times, I did feel like I was seeing the ball well,” Crawford said. ”My timing might have just been a little bit off. It was just a matter of squaring the ball up, finding a hole, hitting it to a spot they couldn’t catch it.”

San Francisco’s Gold Glove-winning shortstop also helped turn three of the Giants’ four double plays. He made a throwing error in the ninth that allowed a run to score.

Crawford was bothered as much by the error as he was excited about breaking out of his batting slump.

”It’s frustrating Bears Joel Iyiegbuniwe Jersey , I’m not going to lie,” Crawford said. ”Obviously I like going 3-for-3 any day, but I want to be able to make those plays in the ninth inning also.”

Brandon Belt singled twice and Gorkys Hernandez added an RBI double as the Giants won their fifth in seven games.

Reyes Moronta (3-1) retired three batters.

Hunter Renfroe homered for San Diego. The Padres have dropped six of seven.

San Diego manager Andy Green was forced to scramble after starting pitcher Jordan Lyles was scratched from the lineup with right forearm tightness minutes before he was scheduled to take the mound in the bottom of the first.

”Just kind of my read on his body and the way he was talking and the way he was feeling was that it wasn’t worth putting him on the mound today,” Green said. ”We’re very hopeful that it’s just one of those things where by keeping him off the mound today we preserved the rest of his season.”

Strahm, who started last Sunday in Atlanta, replaced Lyles and pitched into the fourth inning. Strahm gave up two hits and left after yielding Crawford’s RBI triple.

Cimber, the fourth San Diego pitcher, allowed both runs in the sixth.

Hernandez doubled in Nick Hundley in the seventh to make it 4-1.

Giants starter Andrew Suarez gave up one run in 5 2/3 innings.

Things got a little chippy in the seventh when Andrew McCutchen was hit by a pitch from San Diego reliever Phil Maton. McCutchen took exception after the previous pitch was high and inside, and he glared at Maton for several moments. Padres A.J. Ellis stepped in front of McCutchen and spoke to the hitter briefly before McCutchen walked to first base.

Earlier in the week, the Giants and Miami Marlins exchanged allegations of beanballs during their three-game series at AT&T Park.

ROSTER SHUFFLE

The Giants optioned left fielder Mac Williamson to Triple-A Sacramento. Williamson was one of San Francisco’s hottest hitters before suffering a concussion in late April but has struggled at the plate since returning. Austin Slater was recalled and will join a crowded depth chart in left. Alen Hanson started Saturday, with Hunter Pence and Austin Jackson also in the mix.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: RHP Johnny Cueto (elbow inflammation) was scheduled make his first rehab start with Sacramento on Saturday night. … RHP Jeff Samardzija (shoulder tightness) will join Cueto in Sacramento and will throw around 90 pitches in a rehab start Tuesday.

UP NEXT

Giants RHP Dereck Rodriguez (2-1, 4.56 ERA) makes his third home start since joining the rotation. Rodriguez is unbeaten in his two previous starts at AT&T Park while allowing four runs in 11 innings. Eric Lauer (3-4 Satchel Paige Jersey , 5.47) pitches for the Padres. The left-hander has yielded three earned runs or fewer in his previous four starts.
First, there was a violent play at the plate that led to two ejections and a benches-clearing incident. Then the game was won on a play at the plate with an unusual tag.

Enrique Hernandez dodged home on a wild throw by pitcher Matt Bush in the 11th inning and the Los Angeles Dodgers edged the Texas Rangers 3-2 on Wednesday night.

Hernandez drew a leadoff walk from Jesse Chavez (2-1) and moved up on a long flyout. Yasiel Puig was intentionally walked and Chavez was yanked after a walk to Logan Forsythe loaded the bases.

Austin Barnes followed with a comebacker, and Bush reached out to grab it. But Bush hurried as he spun around, and his throw home for a potential forceout pulled catcher Carlos Perez off the plate. Hernandez stepped over Barnes’ bat, pirouetted around the catcher and touched home with his right hand, leaving Perez tagging nothing but air.

”Just bringing back my Latino roots, showing off my salsa moves,” Hernandez joked.

Matt Kemp gave Hernandez a rave review: ”Great slide, avoided the tag, very limber.”

The Rangers asked for a replay review, and the safe call was upheld. After Barnes’ at-bat, the Dodgers would’ve run out of position players – instead Youth Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey , Bush’s error sent Texas to its season-worst sixth straight loss. The last-place Rangers got swept for the third time this season and second straight series.

Adam Liberatore (2-1) got the win in relief.

In the third, Kemp and Rangers catcher Robinson Chirinos got ejected and the benches and bullpens cleared.

With two outs, Hernandez singled to right and Kemp tried to score from second base. Chirinos caught a pinpoint throw by Nomar Mazara and had his glove out to tag Kemp.

Kemp barreled into Chirinos with his arms up, leading with his shoulder. Chirinos’ helmet flew off as he got knocked over and Kemp fell, too. Chirinos held onto the ball for the out.

Chirinos and Kemp jostled as they got up. That led to both benches and bullpens clearing and forming a scrum at the plate. Kemp was restrained by Rangers starter Cole Hamels.

”I didn’t know he was going to come after me like that,” Chirinos said. ”I got mad when Kemp got up and he leaned into me and put his shoulder into me. That’s when I rushed him. Everyone knows the rule, they preach it to us in spring training. It was emotional.”

No punches were thrown.

”It’s not a big deal,” Kemp said. ”Two guys shoving each other and it’s over.”

The rules outlaw runners from plowing into catchers, and catchers have to give runners a lane to the plate in most cases. In this play, the throw home took Chirinos directly into Kemp’s path to the plate.

”I think it’s unclear to everybody,” Kemp said of the newer rule. ”He was blocking the plate. I don’t know the rule. I don’t even know how it works. I didn’t have a clear path to slide. All I could really think about when I saw him blocking the plate was Washington when I slid into home and messed up my ankle. I didn’t want to do that again.”

Crew chief Bill Welke said Kemp didn’t violate the rule, and both players were ejected for their tussle after the play.

”The runner is protected by the blocking of the plate if he slides Authentic Ryan Switzer Jersey ,” Welke told a pool reporter after the game. ”Kemp choose not to slide, therefore he lost his protection.”

Hernandez called the third-inning brouhaha ”a little bit of old-school baseball.”

”I’m one of the older guys now and when I first came up that’s how they slid into home, but the game has transitioned,” Hamels said. ”Sportsmanship has changed. I can’t give you definite answer if Kemp broke the rule or not. It’s a tough way to lose.”

With two outs in the ninth and Yasiel Puig on third, Delino DeShields robbed pinch-hitter Yasmani Grandal of a home run at the center field wall. DeShields leaped and caught the ball before landing on his rear to send the game into extra innings.

Texas tied the game 2-all in the fourth on RBI singles by Jurickson Profar and Joey Gallo.

The Dodgers led 1-0 in the first on Justin Turner’s homer. They added a run in the second on a double steal by Puig and Forsythe. Puig scored from third.

Hamels allowed two runs – one earned – and five hits in six innings. He struck out six and walked four. Turner’s homer was the 18th given up by Hamels this season.

Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda allowed two runs and five hits in five innings while facing the Rangers for the first time in his career. He walked three and struck out one in his first start since May 29 after being on the DL with a right hip strain.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rangers: SS Elvis Andrus (right elbow fracture) went 1-for-7 in his first two rehab games at Double-A Frisco and was to set to be the DH and play seven innings on Wednesday. Manager Jeff Banister says Andrus’ return depends on when he’s in shape to play every day. Andrus isn’t expected to rejoin the team before this weekend. … LHP Matt Moore won’t start this weekend and is being sent to the bullpen to work on his delivery and make necessary adjustments.

Dodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw (lower back strain) threw a bullpen for the second straight day, with president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman and manager Dave Roberts watching. Kershaw also worked on mechanics with pitching coach Rick Honeycutt. … LHP Rich Hill (left middle finger blister) will make a rehab start Thursday for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga. If it goes well, Hill will rejoin the rotation next week in Chicago. &#.
panxing18

Bài viết: 516
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 3 24/04/18 10:10
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Quay về Khu Vực Bang Hội

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến7 khách