When Los Angeles Chargers coach

When Los Angeles Chargers coach

Gửi bàigửi bởi laiyongcai92 » Thứ 6 28/12/18 16:07

Anthony Lynn says that Austin Ekeler is pound for pound the strongest player on the team Womens Isaac Rochell Jersey , he isn't just dealing in hyperboles."It's not an opinion, that's a fact. We go through the offseason program with the weights and percentages. We were very surprised how strong he was. I mean, pound for pound, strongest guy on our team."The 5-foot-10, 200-pound running back said he continues to lift four days a week during the season because it is therapeutic. Ekeler said he took it easy during Wednesday's session because of a sore neck, lifting 295 pounds.Despite being short in stature, it is Ekeler's strength which is a big reason why he has earned the confidence of teammates and the coaching staff."I just take pride in the weight room. Because I have a small frame people think they are going to light me up," Ekeler said. "My strength allows me to take hits. Defensive backs take a hit on me but I absorb it and keep going."The weight room isn't the only place where Ekeler has made his mark. He leads the league with an average of 7.5 yards from scrimmage per play.With Melvin Gordon out because of an MCL sprain to his right knee, the second-year running back will have more attention focused on him on Sunday when Los Angeles travels to Pittsburgh for a key AFC showdown.Even though Ekeler is likely to get the start, he isn't trying to approach the game with a different mindset."Every week is a big opportunity to make plays and show what you're made of," he said. "The situation this week is unfortunate because of what happened to Melvin, but now I'm the next guy up."Ekeler made the team last season as an undrafted rookie out of Western State Colorado and split time between offense and special teams. He had 539 yards from scrimmage with five touchdowns, including three receiving Authentic Brandon Mebane Jersey , but there were only four games where he saw 20 or more plays on offense.This season Ekeler has become a more integral part of the offense. He has seen 20 or more offensive snaps in all but three games and has touched the ball 102 times (70 rushing, 32 receiving)."You see how low he is when he's cutting it in and out of holes. I think sometimes you can see it from afar, but he's just so powerful and tough to bring down. Very seldom does the first guy get him," quarterback Philip Rivers said.Ekeler is the first undrafted back in team history to have a rushing and receiving touchdown in each of his first two years in the league. Ekeler's 10 receptions in last week's 45-10 win over Arizona made him the fifth running back this season to have double-digit catches in a game."I feel like last year I had to prove something and establish a role. Now I'm trying to build and increase on it," Ekeler said.The Chargers (8-3) will face a Steelers defense that is ranked sixth in the league in total defense and 10th against the run. However, the Steelers (7-3-1) have allowed 398 yards on the ground the past three games, including 124 in last week's 24-17 loss to Denver.The Broncos' Phillip Lindsay was the first running back in 11 games going back to last season to post a 100-yard game against the Steelers (110 yards on 14 carries)."He's going to be in a different role in this game, but you can tell he's a dynamic player. You can tell that in the different ways that they use him," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said of Ekeler.Anthony Lynn, Please Keep Geno Smith When Geno Smith was signed by the Chargers, I felt a ping of excitement. Not because I think Geno Smith could be the future of this franchise, but because the Chargers would finally have a reliable quarterback option sitting behind Philip Rivers. I think back to the year when Billy Volek had to come in for Rivers during the playoffs, and how the Chargers have been stuck with Kellen Clemens Womens Drew Kaser Jersey , who never had a passer rating over 78.8 in a single season (minimum 25 attempts). According to spotrac.com, Clemens made about $5.1 million in his 4 seasons with the Chargers, and that was a massive waste of money.Along comes Geno Smith, who improved in every single category his second season in the NFL, but was still benched by the Jets. That’s fine. Since then, in the regular season, he’s thrown about 100 passes, completing roughly 60%, and has thrown 4 TDs to 2 INTs. Not exactly starter numbers, but in a pinch? I’ll take it.This preseason, Geno Smith has been completing 64.5% of his passes, has 2 TDs, 1 INT http://www.chargersfootballauthentics.com/mike-williams-jersey-authentic , and a passer rating of 104.6. Obviously, with only 31 attempts, he has roughly one full game of playing time under his belt with the Chargers, but it is incredibly refreshing to see him pick up the scheme so quickly, and already have trust in some of the receivers, most notably Mike Williams. If Philip Rivers were to go down, I’d be fully confident that the Chargers would still be able to move the ball and score points with Geno Smith at the helm. Cardale Jones on the other hand? 9/16 for 77 yards and a 69 quarterback rating. He has missed wide open receivers, made terrible decisions, and the offense would completely stall with him if Rivers were ever to go down. Anthony Lynn, please do the right thing and keep Geno Smith. Hell, sign him to a 3-year contract. Even if Philip Rivers decides to retire after this year, at least the Chargers wouldn’t be helpless.
laiyongcai92

Bài viết: 281
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 7 02/06/18 13:35
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: When Los Angeles Chargers coach

Gửi bàigửi bởi donguyen23 » Thứ 7 16/02/19 16:51

donguyen23

Bài viết: 3219
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 2 09/07/18 12:35
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần