one of our players then you got tto stop

one of our players then you got tto stop

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 7 27/01/18 10:28

OTTAWA -- Bryan Murray wants to do right by Jason Spezza, but not at the expense of the Ottawa Senators. Ottawas general manager said hes had discussions about trading his captain but will not make a move unless he can get an acceptable return. "I dont think when you trade a player of Jasons calibre that you ever win," Murray said on Thursday. "I think we try to get the best return we can and then if its not satisfactory we cant do it and he has a year left on his contract." Spezza had 23 goals and 66 points in 75 games last season. He has 251 goals and 687 points in 686 career NHL games. Spezza has one year remaining on his contract with a cap hit of US$7 million. He has a limited no-trade clause, which allowed him to submit a list of ten teams where he would not want to play. Its believed he would prefer to move out of Canada and the glare of the spotlight that comes from playing north of the border. Ideally, its believed Murray would like to get a player who can come in and play on the teams top two lines, a highly-ranked prospect and perhaps a first-round pick at the upcoming NHL Entry Draft, seeing as the Senators dont have one this year. Murray said he has heard from teams, and speculation has Anaheim and St. Louis as the front-runners. "All we do in our business is investigate when theres a request by a player," said Murray. "You investigate possibilities and you talk about it and negotiate and when you negotiate it sometimes takes a week. Not very often its one phone call, sometimes many and in this case it appears that there will be many." The 31-year-old Spezza has spent 11 seasons with the Senators, the last as captain, but at the conclusion of this season it was clear he was unhappy and rumours of a trade request soon surfaced. From the moment Spezza arrived in Ottawa as a 19-year-old, he has been a lightning rod for criticism by both fans and media and it appears hes grown tired of it all. "The only explanation I have is that he would like to try something different," said Murray. "He thinks that the fingers are pointed at him quite often in Ottawa. Winning or losing he gets credit or he gets blamed and I think he feels its time to do something else." When asked whether or not he felt that was a legitimate cause for a trade request Murray said, "thats not for me to judge." Its not the first time a star player has requested a move under Murrays watch. The Senators traded Dany Heatley to San Jose in 2009 after Heatley requested a move. "Im always disappointed that we havent been able to satisfy players, whether it be Jason or any other player that has ever asked for a trade," said Murray. "But its probably a little more common place now." With the departure of longtime captain Daniel Alfredsson last season, Spezza was the reins of the club. Expectations were that the added responsibility might translate to better play away from the puck. Over the course of the season it appeared head coach Paul MacLean grew frustrated with his captains play and that the two didnt always see eye-to-eye. "Jason told me this at the end, he understood what Paul was trying to do and thats not the reason (he wants a trade)," said Murray. "Thats basically what he told me." Despite the NHL entry draft being just over a week away Murray says he feels no sense of urgency to complete the trade. At this point all it entails is a little more work on his part. "Its just another number of phone calls you have to make on a daily basis almost to see if you can do something to satisfy the player and the team," said Murray. "Let me assure you were looking to satisfy our hockey team. Were looking to win here. Were trying to get return that will give us that chance. It just makes it a little bit busier thats all." Notes: The Senators have signed C Mike Hoffman to a one-year, two-way deal. C Stephane DaCosta turned down an offer by the Senators and appears poised to play in the KHL this coming season. Assistant general manager Pierre Dorion admitted the team has held discussions with G Robin Lehner regarding a contract extension for the restricted free agent. The Senators have made an offer to Milan Michalek and are confident a deal can be made with the veteran winger. Jake Dotchin Jersey . They signed their first kicker. Ottawa inked Nick Setta, a 32-year-old native of Lockport, Illinois, to a contract. Martin St. Louis Jersey . The Arena das Dunas in the northeastern city of Natal sustained minor damage during the protests, but demonstrators stayed away on Sunday and officials said the stadium passed its first test, with only minor adjustments needed going forward. http://www.lightninghockeystore.us/Andrej-Sustr-Jersey/. Cruz set the tone with a two-run homer in the first inning, and Baltimore scored eight times in the eighth to pull away for a 12-3 victory in Game 1. The major league leader with 40 homers during the regular season, Cruz added an RBI single to his early blast off Max Scherzer. Victor Hedman Jersey . Fellow Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain also had a brace for Napoli. And Samuel Etoo scored for his fourth different team. On a night of standout individual performances Wednesday, Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand had a game hell want to forget. Alex Killorn Jersey . - While he appreciates suggestions from Packers fans of remedies for his sore left calf, Aaron Rodgers is not necessarily going to listen to the advice.SEATTLE -- Justin Meram scored in the final minute of second-half stoppage time, lifting the Columbus Crew to a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday night. Merams winning score was set up by Federico Higuains corner kick. The ball went beyond the top of the penalty area to Meram, who drilled a 25-yarder into the back right corner past Sounders goalkeeper Stefan Frei. The Crew (3-0-0) have won their first three games for the first time in the clubs 19-year history. "I was just lucky enough that the play happened," said Meram, who entered in the 89th minute. "(Higuain) is one of the best players in the league. He recognized it, played it to me, I saw an opening and just went for it." "I practice that shot a lot - to be honest, maybe too much," Meram added. "But it paid off tonight." Sounders coach Sigi Schmid wondered aloud if the final play should have been stopped. "Usually, the referee positions himself outside the 18 when a corner kick is taken. I rarely see a referees position almost inside the 6-yard box, so it looked like he was talking to our players," Schmid said. "And if youre talking to our players, why do you let the ball get played? "If youre going to talk to one of our players then you got tto stop the play.dddddddddddd. But that doesnt make an excuse for us for falling asleep and still more players need to pay attention there so we dont get caught." Coupled with Columbus 3-0-1 preseason record, the Crew have yet to lose under the direction of first-year coach and former U.S. national team player Gregg Berhalter. "I dont think you could have seen it," Berhalter said of the fast start. "We knew we wanted to develop, we knew we wanted to grow as a team, and we knew we wanted to improve. Weve made strides in every game that weve played. The guys have accepted the way we want to play, and thats been key." Higuain converted a penalty kick late in the 59th minute to tie it at 1. Higuain has two of his three goals this season on PKs. Last year, he scored a team-record six times in eight opportunities from the spot. Kenny Cooper scored early in the 23rd minute for the Sounders (2-2-0). It his first goal since being acquired in an off-season trade with FC Dallas. Higuains penalty kick was set up when Dominic Oduro was taken down in the box by Seattle defender Djimi Traore, who subsequently was shown a straight red card by referee Allen Chapman. Higuain drove his shot into the upper centre of the net, with Frei diving to the right. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Quay về Chém gió - hài hước

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: ANPHAM15085 khách