hich began with Lance Moores muffed fair

hich began with Lance Moores muffed fair

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 4 18/07/18 11:27

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- It was tough to tell what Remi Dibo enjoyed more: being the centerpiece of West Virginias 3-point show against No. 11 Iowa State, or clamping down on Big 12 scoring leader Melvin Ejim. Dibo scored a career-high 20 points to lead the Mountaineers to a 102-77 victory Monday night, the Cyclones most lopsided loss of the season. Dibo went 6 of 8 from beyond the arc as West Virginia tied a season high with 13 3-pointers. A native of France who finished his high school career in southern West Virginia and played last season at Wyomings Casper College, the 6-foot-7 Dibo made his fourth straight start and fifth overall. "I think my teammates did a great job of finding me," Dibo said. "I think its been a while. Theyve been doing a good job finding me and I was not responding. But I did today." Juwan Staten added 19 points and Eron Harris and Terry Henderson each had 16 points for the Mountaineers (15-10, 7-5 Big 12). Iowa State (18-5, 6-5) had five players in double figures, led by Georges Niangs 17 points. But Ejim, coming off a Big 12-record 48 points and a career-high 18 rebounds against TCU, was guarded by Dibo and held to six points -- 12 below his average -- on 1-of-9 shooting. "We just knew we couldnt let him score 40 points on us," Dibo said. "We had to make an effort on him." The Cyclones fell behind by double digits midway through the first half and trailed by as many as 32 points late in the game. It was the most lopsided loss for Iowa State since a 23-point setback at Texas in January 2011. "It was pretty much, start to finish, just a poor effort on our end," Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg said. West Virginia shot 54 per cent (35 of 65) from the field, hit a season-high for points and improved to 2-1 amid a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents heading into a matchup Saturday at No. 19 Texas. Iowa States outside scoring was virtually nonexistent until it was too late. The Cyclones were held to 37 per cent shooting (26 of 71) in losing their fourth road conference game. West Virginia coach Bob Huggins called it "by far the best" defensive effort from his team this season. Dustin Hogue added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Cyclones while Deandre Kane had 14 points, Matt Thomas 13 and Monte Morris 10. Kane, a Pittsburgh native, had more than 50 relatives and friends in attendance. He went 1-2 against the Mountaineers while he played at instate rival Marshall and was booed and taunted whenever he touched the ball. "Tonight we just didnt have it," Hoiberg said. "I dont know what it was. This group has been very focused and given everything all year." West Virginias lack of bench scoring had stood out in a double-digit loss to No. 7 Kansas on Saturday. On Monday, the Mountaineers reserves outscored Iowa States 27-15. "We had pretty much the same shots against Kansas, but we didnt make them," Huggins said. "Today, we made them." Trailing 52-33 at halftime, Iowa State put together its best stretch and closed the gap to 58-44 5 minutes into the second half before West Virginia again pulled away. The Cyclones went 4 minutes between field goals after that, and West Virginia got a big boost from its bench to keep the pressure on. Freshman Nathan Adrian made two baskets and two free throws, and Kevin Noreen doubled his season scoring average with a layup and two free throws. Dibos 3-pointer with 6:53 left gave the Mountaineers their largest lead, 86-54. "We just stuck to the game plan," Dibo said. "We couldnt let them make a run to come back. We knew from the past every time we had a lead, we had let teams come back, and we knew we couldnt let that happen." The only drama for West Virginia came when Harris was ejected for a flagrant foul with 4:25 left. After the game, West Virginias players went into the student section to celebrate. Samuel Morin Jersey . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil. Michal Neuvirth Jersey . Nat Borchers headed in the sole goal in the 54th minute, getting on the end of a Kyle Beckerman free kick. The defeat cost Sporting top spot in the Eastern Conference. Even a draw would have moved the Kansas City club above Columbus. http://www.nhlflyersproauthentic.com/ch ... ey-jersey/. - Vince Carter, heading into his 17th NBA season, doesnt consider age a big issue anymore. Matt Read Jersey . Kyle Shanahan was hired as offensive co-ordinator Monday after spending the previous four years in the same role with the Washington Redskins. Brian Elliott Jersey . Plata blasted a rising shot to the upper left corner for his team-leading seventh goal of the season. He got the kick after referee Allen Chapman ruled Chris Tierney fouled John Stertzer in the penalty area.NEW ORLEANS -- Staggered by a shoulder pad to the head and ripped down by a forearm hit across the neck, Drew Brees was crumpled on the turf with blood on his chin. Yet the vicious sack by San Franciscos Ahmad Brooks also drew a flag that cancelled out Brees lost fumble with 3:12 left and gave the Saints prolific quarterback one chance too many. Brees guided New Orleans to two late Garrett Hartley field goals -- the second as time expired -- and the Saints upended the 49ers 23-20 on Sunday. "All I remember is just getting clothes-lined in the chin and as Im on the ground, Im saying, Thats got to be a flag," Brees said. "One of my teammates kind of picked me up and said, Are you all right? and he said, Dont worry, theres a flag. "I said, All right, good. Just took a moment, and youve got to get ready to go." The Superdome crowd grumbled each time the Saints settled for high-pressure field goals in the fourth quarter, apparently nervous that Hartley, whod missed four of six attempts in the previous three games, would slip up again. Instead, Hartley made all three of his field goal attempts in the final quarter to wipe out New Orleans 20-14 deficit. His 42-yarder with 2:06 left tied it. His game-winner was from 31 yards. He also hit from 21 yards earlier. "This team and this coaching staff and this organization never took their foot off the gas with me and here we are sitting at 8-2 and getting ready for Atlanta," Hartley said. The Saints trailed 20-17 when Brooks levelled Brees. The Niners protested the resulting flag vigorously. "It was very frustrating. The game could have gone a totally different direction than what it went," Brooks said. "I was just mad because that was a big play in the game. We lost, and thats probably the reason why." The Saints (8-2) improved to 6-0 at home despite three turnovers and a failed fourth down conversion. "Youre going to have games like this," Brees said. "You still find way to win against a playoff-calibre opponent with a lot at stake at this point in the season. That says a lot." The victory guaranteed the Saints would remain at least a game ahead of Carolina -- which plays Monday night -- for first place in the NFC South. It also kept New Orleans one game in the loss column behind top NFC seed Seattle (10-1). Marques Colston finished with five catches for 80 yards to become the Saints all-time leader in yards receiving with 7,923, passing Eric Martins two-decade-old mark of 7,854. "Its definitely an awesome accomplishment,&quuot; said Colston, a 2006 seventh-round draft choice out of Hofstra.dddddddddddd "It had a lot to do with some of the guys in this locker room and this coaching staff, but were in the midst of something a lot more meaningful right now." Colin Kaepernick passed for two scores, but finished with only 127 yards and was sacked three times as the Niners (6-4) lost their second straight. "The greater the challenge, the greater the glory," Niners coach Jim Harbaugh said. "Thats the way I look at it. Im proud of our guys for the way they fight, and if we continue to do that, were going to win a lot of games." The Saints defence, one of the worst in NFL history a year ago, played well enough to keep the Saints within striking distance despite what appeared to be a number of seemingly costly mistakes. Junior Galettes sack helped stall the Niners last drive. Niners running back Frank Gore managed only 48 yards on 13 carries. Kaepernick completed 17 of 31 passes and scrambled three times for 25 yards. His last run was a 16-yarder on third-and-long that came up 3 yards short of a first down with less than two minutes to go. Brees completed quick three passes on his final series: a 9-yarder to Graham, the 20-yarder to Colston and then another 12-yarder to Graham. Brees finished 30 of 43 for 305 yards and one touchdown, a 3-yard connection with rookie tight end Josh Hill. That was enough to overcome New Orleans turnovers, which began with Lance Moores muffed fair catch, setting up an 11-yard touchdown drive capped by Kaepernicks pass to Anquan Boldin. Boldin was covered by Corey White, whod come in after what appeared to be a serious left leg injury to Jabari Greer. White briefly made up for it with a diving interception, but when he tried to run for a score, he fumbled the ball through the end zone for a touchback. The Niners then drove for Phil Dawsons 55-yard field goal, which gave them a 10-7 lead. New Orleans regained the lead at 14-10, thanks to Travaris Cadets 82-yard kickoff return, which set up Jed Collins 1-yard touchdown run. But in the third quarter, Brees, scrambling right, tried to lob a pass to Graham, only to have Brooks leap up and tip the ball to himself for an interception he returned to the Saints 22. Soon after, Vernon Davis 17-yard TD catch made it 17-14. NOTES: Injuries forced 49ers CB Tarell Brown (ribs) and Niners LG Mike Iupati (knee) from the game. ... Colston also now has 7,930 career yards from scrimmage, breaking Martins record of 7,865. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China China NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Quay về Chém gió - hài hước

Ai đang trực tuyến?

Đang xem chuyên mục này: Không có thành viên nào đang trực tuyến12 khách