6 post-season games for the Mooseheads

6 post-season games for the Mooseheads

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 2 18/12/17 14:53

MELBOURNE, Australia - Top-seeded Serena Williams will play Alison Van Uytvanck of Belgium in her first-round match at the Australian Open as she begins her attempt to win a 19th Grand Slam singles title.Williams could meet former No. 1-ranked Caroline Wozniacki in the quarter-finals and Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova in the semifinals following Fridays draw. The season-opening major begins Monday at Melbourne Park.In the other half, second-seeded Maria Sharapova, who plays a qualifier in the first round, could meet Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., in the quarter-finals and Ana Ivanovic, whom she beat in the Brisbane International final last weekend, in the semis.Bouchard is the tournaments seventh seed and will face Germanys Anna-Lena Friedsam in the first round.Two-time champion Victoria Azarenka, unseeded after an injury-hit 2014, will take on American Sloane Stephens in the first round in a rematch of their acrimonious semifinal two years ago when Azarenka left the court for a medical time out and Stephens questioned her reasons for doing so.Stephens had beaten Williams in the quarter-finals the same year.In the mens draw, No. 2 Roger Federer and No. 3 Rafael Nadal were drawn into the same half. Top-seeded Novak Djokovic and defending champion Stan Wawrinka are in the other half of the draw. Djokovic drew a qualifier in the first round and Federer, who recently won his 1,000th career match when he beat Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., in the Brisbane International final, will play Lu Yen-hsun of Taiwan. Djokovic and Raonic, who also will open against a qualifier, are in the same quarter of the draw.Raonic is the No. 8 seed.Federer could meet sixth-seeded Andy Murray of Britain, who plays a qualifier in the first round, in the quarter-finals. The 17-time Grand Slam winner also has Baby Fed, No. 10-seeded Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria, in his quarter.Nadal, still recovering from appendix surgery he underwent in November, has a tough first-round match against former top 10-player Mikhail Youzhny of Russia, while Wawrinka will begin his title defence against Marsel Ilhan of Turkey.Starting the year with a Grand Slam and finishing with the Davis Cup, it was an incredible 2014, Wawrinka said as he and Li Na, the 2014 Australian Open womens champion who retired in September, delivered the trophies to the draw location outside the newly refurbished Margaret Court Arena.Wawrinka and Federer were part of the Swiss team which beat France in the Davis Cup final in November, the countrys first in the competition.U.S. Open finalist Kei Nishikori of Japan also will play a former top 10 player, Nicolas Almagro of Spain, in the opening round. 2009 U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro, on the comeback from a left wrist injury, will open against Jerzy Janowic, who helped Poland win the Hopman Cup last week.Former No,. 1-ranked Lleyton Hewitt, contesting his 19th consecutive Australian Open, will meet Chinese wild-card entry Zhang Ze.Li, who called it quits after four knee operations, said her plans are to open a tennis academy in China and to start a family. Terrell Suggs Jersey . Englands only win in the four most recent trips north had been tight, and Scotland was expected after losing 28-6 to Ireland six days ago to show some venom against its archrival. Tyus Bowser Jersey . In five games last month, Billings led all scorers with 11 goals, 27 assists and 38 points as the Rock posted a 2-3 record. http://www.ravensjerseyscheapauthentic. ... ck-jersey/. Johan Franzen had two goals and two assists, Gustav Nyquist a goal and three assists and David Legwand a goal and two assists in the Red Wings 7-4 win over the New Jersey Devils. Morgan Cox Jersey .B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan had ideal preparation for the playoffs at the Ford World Curling Championships with a pair of hard-fought wins over tenacious opponents Thursday. Bronson Kaufusi Jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66. PHILADELPHIA -- Nikolaj Ehlers is a two-sport star who credits his time on the soccer pitch with helping his game on the ice. Ehlers, who played for Denmarks national team until he was 14 before concentrating on hockey, was selected by the Winnipeg Jets with the ninth overall pick in the NHL draft on Friday night. The five-foot-10, 176-pounder was fourth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with 104 points (49-55) in 63 games with the Halifax Mooseheads this past season. He feels that his soccer skills have helped him develop more speed on the ice, one of the key elements of his game. "I think Im a fast forward," he said. "I think I have a lot of speed I can use on the wing. I like to set up some nice plays and I like to score some goals." Ehlers was the first player from the QMJHL to be selected in the 2014 draft. The 18-year-old took the leagues rookie of the year and offensive rookie of the year honours. Ehlers also had 28 points (11-17) in 16 post-season games for the Mooseheads. "I found myself becoming more of a fan when I watched him play," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "Any time he got the puck, you felt like something was going to happen. "Hes not the biggest guy when it comes to sizze, but he plays with such good hockey sense that he knows when to take an opportunity to go, and not really put himself in harms way to try to make a play.dddddddddddd" Ehlers speed helps compensate for his relatively slight build. "He doesnt have a lot of weight on him so youre going to want him to continue to grow, but hes a pretty strong player," said Cheveldayoff. "The way he plays the game and the way he moves out there, he has some hidden strength that a lot of players maybe his size dont." Ehlers said he planned to hit the gym over the summer. "Obviously, Ive got to get a little bit bigger and stronger," he said. "I can use my speed to get out of the rough time on the ice, but Im not afraid to get hit or hit somebody." Cheveldayoff said the youngster is a well-rounded individual. "His hockey sense is right up there," he said. "And his characters not far behind. This is a player that every time we had an opportunity to meet with him, we didnt want the interview to end. Hes going to be an exciting player for a long time." Ehlers father, Heinz, was drafted 30 years ago by the New York Rangers (No. 188 overall). He spent his 16-season pro career in Europe. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: 6 post-season games for the Mooseheads

Gửi bàigửi bởi kysutrantrong » Thứ 3 26/06/18 1:43

kkk
kysutrantrong

Bài viết: 2952
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 13/06/18 22:26
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần