ette, who turned 25 on Tuesday,

ette, who turned 25 on Tuesday,

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 3 19/12/17 10:52

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews will be the seventh member of his family to play in the NFL if he is drafted as expected in May. He knows his football lineage doesnt hurt him, but hopes that his work as a four-year starter for the Aggies is what really wows the scouts. "Its always been a little something to think about," Matthews said of his famous last name. "Its a special situation. Now that I finally have my shot Im just looking forward to going out and proving it doesnt matter what my name is, what matters is that I can play and Im capable. And I hope teams get that from me and not just going off my name." Matthews, the son of Hall of Fame offensive lineman Bruce Matthews, did position drills at A&Ms pro day on Wednesday. Afterward, he met with officials from the St. Louis Rams, who have the second overall pick in the draft. Matthews and Auburns Greg Robinson are considered to be the best offensive tackles available in the draft and most believe the Rams will choose one of them. Other members of the Matthews family who have played or are currently playing in the NFL are his grandfather Clay Matthews (offensive tackle, San Francisco), uncle Clay Matthews, Jr. (linebacker, Browns, Falcons), cousin Clay Matthews III (linebacker, Green Bay), brother Kevin Matthews (centre, Tennessee) and cousin Casey Matthews (linebacker, Philadelphia). He said growing up in that environment was invaluable to his development as a player. "It helps a lot," he said. "Its kind of like Ive been training for this whole process my whole life. Its really humbling, especially being a part of this family with the tradition of football we have." Quarterback Johnny Manziel attended the event, but did not work out. The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner is scheduled to throw for scouts on March 27. Manziel did not speak to reporters on Wednesday, but Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin answered questions about his departing star. "Obviously Ive got a different perspective than a lot of different folks from a human standpoint," Sumlin said when asked if theres anything people overlook about Manziel. "That will always be something special." Also in attendance was receiver Mike Evans, who also only watched the event after working out at the NFL combine last month. Representatives for all 32 NFL teams were at the event as nine other Aggies went through drills. Matthews played right tackle for his first three years at Texas A&M before switching to left tackle for his senior year. Sumlin said his versatility is one of his great qualities. "Hes such a team guy," Sumlin said. "So mature, patient. Hes strong. Hes athletic and has been a real leader in this program since the time we arrived. In my opinion, hes not just a tackle hes one of the few guys in the country that can play all five." Matthews hopes that returning for his senior season and playing another position will help his draft stock. "Teams can only take seven linemen in the NFL to games so youve got to have guys that can swing around and play different positions," he said. "So knowing that I can play either tackle, I think thats something that really helps me out a lot." Joel Veltman Jersey . -- Jim Furyk was 10 shots worse and right where he wanted to be Saturday in the BMW Championship. Netherlands Jerseys . Betancourt was 2-5 with a 4.08 ERA and 16 saves for the Rockies last season before tearing a ligament in his pitching elbow. He considered undergoing platelet-rich plasma therapy to fix his arm, but announced in August his decision to have Tommy John surgery. http://www.soccernetherlandsshop.us/Ken ... nd-Jersey/. Called on from the college ranks to replace Andy Reid, Kelly implemented a whole new atmosphere in the City of Brotherly Love and now has the Eagles in the playoffs for the first time since 2010. Stefan de Vrij Jersey . The Flames are in the midst of a six-game slide (0-5-1), their longest losing streak since an 0-6-3 skid from Jan. 11-28, 2010. They havent won since Nov. 3 in Chicago and most recently went winless on a three-game homestand. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar Jersey . The Hockey Canada Foundation is donating $50,000, with Hockey Quebec contributing $15,000. Hockey Canada also announced it will hold a skills camp for all levels of minor hockey in Lac-Mégantic during the 2013-14 season. Representatives from Hockey Canada, the Hockey Canada Foundation and Hockey Quebec were on hand Tuesday night at a meeting of the AHM de Lac-Mégantic to make the announcement and presentation.CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls and former BYU sensation Jimmer Fredette have tentatively agreed to a contract after he parted with the Sacramento Kings earlier in the week, a person familiar with the situation said Saturday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced. The sharp-shooting guard was bought out by the Kings on Thursday and cleared waivers on Saturday. Now, hes getting a second chance with the Bulls. Fredette is averaging just 5.9 point and 11.3 minutes in his third season. But the Bulls are hoping "Jimmermania" will take off in Chicago after staying grounded with the Kings -- or that he will at least give them the outside touch they were seeking. Chicago is making a playoff push despite losing former MVP point guard Derrick Rose to another season-ending knee injury and trading away one of its best players in Luol Deng. The Bulls were second in the Central division at 32-26 after beating Dallas on Friday night for their eighth win in nine games. As well as theyre playing, though, they were still last in the NBA in scoring, 28th in overall shooting and tied for 26th in 3-point percentage. Thats where Fredette, who turned 25 on Tuesday, could help. Even though he hasnt developed intoo a consistent contributor, Fredette is shooting 47.dddddddddddd5 per cent from the floor and 49.3 per cent from 3-point range. Fredette dazzled at BYU, leading the nation in scoring at 28.5 points per game and guiding the Cougars to the final 16 in the NCAA tournament as a senior. He was the Associated Press player of the year and the 10th pick in the 2011 draft, but he never lived up to his billing in Sacramento. The constant chatter about moving not to mention the fact that he played for three coaches and two ownership groups probably didnt help, and it was clear his time with the Kings was coming to an end when they decided not to pick up his option for 2014-15 before this season. Chicago could be a good fit for him, given his ability to stretch the floor even if hes not exactly a top-tier defender. Marco Belinelli and Nate Robinson werent, either, but they flourished under Thibodeau last year and parlayed their success into contracts with other teams. D.J. Augustin is excelling this season, averaging 13.3 points since he signed with the Bulls in December after being waived by Toronto. If Fredette can knock down shots and show some improvement on defence, he could find a role with the Bulls at least for the rest of the season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: ette, who turned 25 on Tuesday,

Gửi bàigửi bởi kysutrantrong » Thứ 3 26/06/18 2:10

kkk
kysutrantrong

Bài viết: 2952
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 13/06/18 22:26
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần