back-to-back victories for the first

back-to-back victories for the first

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 6 29/12/17 14:46

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Baseball Writers Association of America continued to serve as the moral police on Tuesday. First of all, congratulations to the newest electees to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, as pitchers Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson and John Smoltz, all got in on their first time on the ballot, while Craig Biggio enters one year after coming up just two votes shy. There is no question all four deserved to be in and while the general consensus is that this is a good day for baseball, Im not so sure. Yes, Cooperstown will be rocking next July with four people going in, but Im still focused on the guys who did not get in. And I am not even talking about the Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens types. I am talking about the guys who have now been labled steroid abusers without a shred of evidence by the BBWAA. If I had a vote Bonds and Clemens would be on my ballot, but I can at least understand why they are not on others. Someone, though, has to explain to me why Mike Piazza is not in the Hall of Fame. It was ridiculous that he wasnt in last year and its even more absurd that he has to wait for a third ballot. Piazza is the best hitting catcher of all-time. There is no dispute about that. But, the rank and file of the BBWAA has pegged him as someone who may have taken performance-enhancing drugs without any evidence. Piazza was the closest of those not elected and received 69.9 percent of the vote and was 28 votes shy of election. He is going to get in at some point and hes far from the best player not to get elected on his first or even second try. Ryne Sandberg, Roberto Alomar and even Joe DiMaggio were passed over their first time around too. Yes, Joe DiMaggio was not a first-ballot Hall of Famer. This isnt some grass-roots campaign to get Piazza in, I just cant take the fact that people chose not to vote him in because, maybe, just maybe he may have dabbled with PEDs. Although nobody knows for sure. There is no paper trail like there is with guys like Bonds or Clemens. The only red flag for him are the obscene offensive numbers produced by a catcher in an era where the numbers were skewed by the guys we know were using. That and speculation from blogger Murray Chass, who once noted that Piazza had a case of back acne. So, of course, that means he is guilty. Career tarnished. And you can throw Jeff Bagwell into that same mix too. Now if you held a gun to my head and asked me if either of those two guys took PEDs, Id say yes, especially in the case of Bagwell. But a whole lot of other people did in that time, too. Is it the 75-percent that Jose Canseco once claimed? Im not sure, but its probably not far from that number and Id be willing to bet some of them who did take them have already been elected. Remember, the Mitchell Report flat out stated that as far back as 1973 performance enhancing drug use in baseball was alarming. Now, there is nothing to suggest that Pedro, Unit or Smoltz ever used PEDs, but why are they not under the same scrutiny that Piazza seems to be? Pedro and Unit were as dominant as any pitchers we have seen in the last 50 years and Smoltz had to overcome Tommy John surgery in 2000 and eventually became one of the more dominant closers in the league. Are we 100-percent sold Smoltz did not take anything to speed up that recovery? If you smile a lot and get along well with the press, those questions dont seem to come up I guess. Forget Piazza, though, the Hall will always be tarnished for me until it opens its doors to Bonds and Clemens. The same group of people who chose to give Darin Erstad and Tom Gordon Hall of Fame votes are the ones who decided to keep Bonds and Clemens out. Makes perfect sense. When you go to a museum about American history, are the bad times just ignored? Of course not. And what exactly are they trying to keep so sacred up in Cooperstown? The Hall of Fame features a guy like Ty Cobb, someone who may have been a better racist than he was a ballplayer. And thats saying something. And Cobb is nowhere near the only bad guy in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Thats the point. For some reason, though, PEDs are the hill BBWAA will die on. Now, Piazza stands a good chance at getting in next year, as Ken Griffey Jr. is really the only lock candidate on the ballot. Dont get me started on Trevor Hoffman. Hell probably get in at some point, but it wont be his first time on the ballot. Regardless, balloting has become the all powerful BBWAA getting up on their high horse and letting the world know that they are the ones who judge the games most extraordinary individual honor. Nikola Mirotic Jersey . -- With his team down 16 points in the second quarter and headed for another blowout loss at home, Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson yelled out to his players to keep shooting and keep fighting on defence. Zach LaVine Jersey . Hes just beginning to get similar results. The right-hander struggled after winning the honour in 2008 and 2009, but a retooling of his game has begun to pay off and has the San Francisco Giants thinking about the Lincecum of old. http://www.authenticbullsauthority.com/ ... ersey-c-9/. Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin broke the news that hes cleared for full activity moving forward. Scottie Pippen Jersey . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. Cameron Payne Jersey . -- The San Francisco 49ers have re-signed cornerback Perrish Cox to a one-year contract.The Winnipeg Jets are 6-1-3 in their past 10 overall after a 5-1 rout of Buffalo on Tuesday and look to keep the roll going against the Boston Bruins tonight. Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game live on TSN3 starting at 6pm ct. The game can also be heard live on TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg. Mark Scheifele had two goals and an assist as the Jets bounced back from their only regulation loss in the past three-plus weeks, 4-1 to Anaheim in the opener of a four-game homestand Saturday. Winnipeg (16-10-6) earned that victory despite a thinning defense corps. Coach Paul Maurice announced Tuesday that Jacob Trouba, who leads all defensemen on the team with 12 points, is out until February with an upper-body injury. Tobias Enstrom and Zach Bogosian also are on the shelf. The Jets did get defenseman Grant Clitsome back after a six-game absence due to an upper-body injury, and he had an assist on Scheifeles first goal. They also acquired defenseman Jay Harrison from the Hurricanes in exchange for a draft pick Thursday. Theres nothing that really changes in what were trying to do, Maurice said. The big part is that we have got four healthy lines up front, fortunately. Weve got to stay on the forecheck and burn the clock and generate as much time in the offensive zone as we can. Dustin Byfuglien is being moved back to the blue line to make up for those absences. He scored in last months defeat and has two goals and an assist in his last three games against the Bruins. Brad Marchand didnt have a point for Boston in the first meeting after registering four goals and an assist in his previous five matchups. He has three ggoals and five assists in the eight games since that victory.dddddddddddd Evander Kane has three goals and an assist in his last five games against Boston. He had a goal and an assist Tuesday after producing two assists in his prior six contests. The Boston Bruins earned one of their few victories in the past three-plus weeks during a visit from the Winnipeg Jets, but road games in the series have not gone their way. The Bruins look for their second win in six trips to Winnipeg and try to earn back-to-back victories for the first time in nearly a month Friday night. Boston is 3-5-3 in its last 11 but won 2-1 in overtime against the Jets on Nov. 28. The Bruins (16-13-3) needed another extra session Wednesday for a 3-2 victory at Minnesota that snapped a season high-tying three-game skid. Loui Eriksson won it with his third goal in five games. Carl Soderberg scored his first in 16 contests, and points leader Patrice Bergeron had his first in the past 12. The Bruins also got forward David Krejci back after an 11-game absence due to a hip injury. Weve played some games where weve worked really hard and havent gotten the results we wanted, backup goaltender Niklas Svedberg said. Obviously its a great feeling for us to get a win. Weve just got to build off it. Boston hasnt earned consecutive wins since a three-game streak Nov. 15-21 and is heading to a place where its 1-3-1 in five visits. The Bruins are also 1-4-2 in their last seven road games against the Jets franchise compared with 13 straight home wins. Boston is 2-0-1 in its last three on the road while Winnipeg is 3-1-1 at home this month. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: back-to-back victories for the first

Gửi bàigửi bởi kysutrantrong » Thứ 3 26/06/18 22:23

kkk
kysutrantrong

Bài viết: 2952
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 13/06/18 22:26
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần