ans also were without big men Matt Costello (mo

ans also were without big men Matt Costello (mo

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 7 30/12/17 16:14

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at [email protected]. Hi, The Leafs/Canadiens game Saturday night was very entertaining, right up until the penalty in overtime against Bernier and the Leafs. Can you please explain what Bernier did wrong to be awarded that penalty in OT? Thanks,Brad Mains ----- Kerry, In the game last night - Leafs and Habs - the ref called a penalty on Bernier for delay of game in OT. I know it is a rule in the books, but has not been called, IMO, very much. It is the rule, but my question is this - Was calling it OT a fair thing to do? I realize the ref was damned if did and damned if not! What is your take on this. Cheers! Ray Bungay ----- Kerry: In the Toronto - Montreal game, there was a penalty handed to Bernier of Toronto for Delay of game for coming out of his net and smothering the puck with a Montreal player right there. This seems an unusual if not unnecessary call, given it was in the overtime. I have never seen this before. What is the basis for the call? Your views would be helpful. Ted Baskerville ----- Hi Kerry,The Leafs Habs game Saturday night, the overtime penalty assessed to Bernier. I have seen many goalies cover the puck well outside their crease, I asked a goalie friend of mine and he said he was taught as long as the goalie can reach or has some part of himself in the crease it can be covered outside of the crease. Is this a rule? I believe Bernier was still in the crease when he dove at the puck then slid for another couple of feet. Was that the right call or am I just another bitter Leafs fan. Thanks,Chris Stevens Brad, Ray, Ted and Chris: I dont want to add fuel to the "bitterness" some Leafs fans might feel or even demonstrate on occasion but the delay of game penalty that Jonathan Bernier was assessed in the overtime loss to the Canadiens on Saturday was a must call for the referee to make regardless of the score or the time remaining in the game! In every case, when a goalkeeper skates out of his net and covers on a loose puck that far from his crease a delay of game penalty should be assessed as per the rule. This infraction committed by the goalkeeper should applied with the same consistency as the puck over glass rule that we saw called against Peter Budaj (8:31 of first period) and Phil Kessel with just 31 seconds remaining in regulation time. From Rule 63.2: A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play. With regard to a goalkeeper, this rule applies outside of his goal crease area. If a goalkeeper comes out of his crease to "cut down the angle" on a shot and after making the save covers the puck, this shall be legal. If the goalkeeper races out of his crease in an attempt to beat the attacking player to the puck and instead of playing the puck jumps on the puck causing a stoppage of play, this shall be a minor penalty for delay of game. The long stretch pass that PK Subban fired near the Habs goal line was too hot for Daniel Briere to handle cleanly at the Leafs blue line and created a race for a loose puck with Bernier on the potential scoring opportunity. A scoring opportunity was clearly eliminated when Bernier got to the puck first and covered it with his glove to cause a stoppage in play as opposed to legally playing the puck with his goal stick. The referee whistled the play dead and raised his arms in an upward fashion but did not immediately or emphatically signal a penalty to Bernier as he should have. A slower, perhaps methodical response by the ref was evident in both the camera shot and the minute of run-on commentary by the broadcasters before it became evident to them that a penalty to Bernier had been assessed. While you have never seen this penalty called Ted, I can assure you that I personally assessed it a number of times during my 30-year NHL officiating career. Whenever I had the occasion to make this call I did so immediately with an emphatic signal so there was no doubt or confusion in anyones mind that a penalty was assessed to the goalkeeper in this unique situation. Jonathan Bernier clearly violated rule 63.2 at 3:14 of the overtime period. The correct call was made by the referee and resulted in Max Paciorettys eventual power play game-winning goal. Gerrit Cole Jersey . -- Miami Dolphins defensive co-ordinator Kevin Coyle defended the management style of coach Joe Philbin in the wake of the teams bullying scandal. Josh Harrison Jersey . - Vince Carter, heading into his 17th NBA season, doesnt consider age a big issue anymore. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us ... es-jersey/. The Calgary Stampeders announced both moves on Wednesday. Parker played 17 regular season games with the Stampeders in 2013, setting career-highs in catches (21) and yards (217). Barry Bonds Jersey .com) - Ryan Miller made 28 saves to record his fifth shutout of the season and second in as many nights as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 on Friday. Kent Tekulve Jersey . -- Lindsey Vonn squeezed in a little freeskiing on Thanksgiving morning, a step in the right direction for a return to racing after reinjuring her right knee in a recent training crash. AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Oakland had a chance to upset No. 5 Michigan State on Saturday. It just couldnt keep up with the Spartans on the glass. Duke Mondy scored 24 points, but the Golden Grizzlies were outrebounded by nine during a 67-63 loss to Branden Dawson and Michigan State. "There are no moral victories here at Oakland," coach Greg Kampe said, thanking Tom Izzo for scheduling his team. "We passed that point of being close long ago. We were close again and just couldnt beat them." Mondy, the nations leader in steals, had seven swipes for the Golden Grizzlies (2-9). Travis Bader, who grew up in the shadows of Michigan State, had 18 points and Corey Petros added 11 for Oakland, winless in 12 games in the series. I had seven steals?" Mondy said. "I didnt even know that. I have great anticipation. Im not a gambler, but I like to gamble sometimes." Bader went 4 for 14 from long range to move within 56 3-pointers of J.J. Redicks NCAA record, drawing rave reviews from Izzo. "I love that kid," Izzo said of Bader, the son of his former director of basketball operations. "I grew up with that kid, and he grew up with me. If ever a kid deserves success, its him. I hope he breaks the record." Izzo had no idea how Dawson would play after he challenged the enigmatic forward following a disappointing effort against North Carolina. He got the answer he was looking for in a home game for Oakland at The Palace. Dawson had 16 points and 13 rebounds for the short-handed Spartans (8-1), who were rusty and turnover-prone after a 10-day break. "I thought Dawson really responded today," Izzo said. "I got after him pretty good." Dawson took only two shots and had two turnovers in 17 minutes during Michigan States 79-65 home loss to the Tar Heels on Dec. 4. It was a much different story against the Golden Grizzllies, with Dawson going 7 for 13 from the field and blocking three shots in 36 minutes.dddddddddddd "There was a different mindset and definitely a different approach," Dawson said. "Id just had one of the worst games since Ive been here against North Carolina. So the guys all pushed me, and Coach talked to me." Keith Appling scored 18 of his 21 points in the second half for the Spartans, and Adreian Payne had 20 points and 10 rebounds. Michigan State played without leading scorer Gary Harris, who is nursing an ankle injury. The Spartans also were without big men Matt Costello (mononucleosis) and Kenny Kaminski (academic suspension). The Golden Grizzlies jumped to a 20-12 lead, taking advantage of the Spartans sloppiness. Oakland had four assists on its first five baskets, while Michigan State was recording one assist and committing seven turnovers. "The start they had kept them in the game," Izzo said. "If wed gotten them down early, maybe some of those losses theyve had wouldve mounted." Michigan State managed to rally for a 35-31 lead early in the second half on two jumpers by Appling. But Oakland wouldnt go away. Baders third 3 tied it at 50 with 7:44 to play. He was 4 for 14 from long range. An Appling 3 and a Bader turnover helped Michigan State take a five-point advantage, its largest of the day to that point. Another Bader turnover and a layup and free throw by Appling built the cushion to 58-50 and seemed to create some daylight. "They were just so physical," Kampe said. "A couple of our bigger backups are out for the season, and we just dont have the size to match them. We werent physical enough, and Dawson had his way down in there." The Golden Grizzlies closed to 60-56 with 2:42 left. But Travis Trice hit a 3 at the end of the shot clock to give the Spartans a seven-point edge. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: ans also were without big men Matt Costello (mo

Gửi bàigửi bởi kysutrantrong » Thứ 3 26/06/18 22:59

kkk
kysutrantrong

Bài viết: 2952
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 13/06/18 22:26
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần