nd identity will be available for purchase a

nd identity will be available for purchase a

Gửi bàigửi bởi lw789 » Thứ 4 03/01/18 11:34

TORONTO a€“ Jonathan Bernier wants to be like Henrik Lundqvist. Or at least something approaching the greatness of the New York Rangers goaltender. He wants to earn that respect, be the guy in Toronto that Lundqvist has become in the borough of Manhattan. But he also knows that respect of that kind isnt earned overnight, in a week or with one season full of highlights. Its partly why he wont he even call himself the Leafs No. 1, even after finishing last season with career highs in wins, starts, and save percentage a€“ his .923 even-strength save mark fifth among goalies with at least 30 starts. Doing it for 55 games is nothing though, not compared to the nine fantastic seasons and 575 games of Lundqvist, who boasts 50 career shutouts, a cumulative .920 save percentage and one gleaming Olympic gold medal. Theres something about that track record, of being that guy year after year in the New York pressure cooker that perhaps not surprisingly appeals to Torontos unofficial No. 1. To me its not a matter of being a No. 1 or a No. 2, Bernier said, its just to prove that I want to win every night and prove that I can be one of the top in this league. And thats what Im working on every day to get better. It would seem that hes even out to prove to his own team, the same one that traded for and believed in his upside two summers ago, but also the same one that has yet to fully recognize him as their guy this fall. Head coach, Randy Carlyle, perhaps mindful of stirring the Toronto pot and likely paying some deference to James Reimer, has veered far away from talk about the top job in the Leafs crease. Its been the usual song and dance instead about two good goaltenders both being able to contribute, neither designated as anything but. We cant ignore what Bernier did for our hockey club, simple as that, Carlyle said on the first day of training camp. And we cant ignore what James Reimers done for our hockey club. Here we are at training camp and the questions going to be Whos No. 1? Is he clear-cut? Is he this? Is he that? Well, right now, we would have to say that [its] 1-A and 1-B. You laugh at me and you say hes full of this, hes full of that. [But] the reality is if you go to every team you have to have somebody thats going to emerge and be your guy. Bernier was that guy last season. He took hold of the goaltending reigns in late December and never looked back. And though he wont spell it out explicitly, it would seem that even Carlyles 1-A, 1-B designation is quiet fuel to the fire. At no point during the teams two-week training camp would Bernier proclaim himself this or that. His explanation earlier this week provided some insight as to why. Its up to Randy I guess, he said of being the No. 1. To me, Im not going to say Im the No. 1 [because] if I play 20 games this year then I look like a fool right? So it just depends on Randy, how much he wants to play me, how much he wants to play [Reimer]. But obviously it comes from the head coach. If the head coach says Ive got my No. 1 guy thats when you feel you are. Bernier earned the opening night nod against his hometown team. It didnt go great. Uncharacteristically quiet in the early going, Bernier didnt face his first shot until nearly five minutes had ticked off the clock. The shot, from Max Pacioretty, surprised him and snuck through, a bad goal he wouldnt hide from. Theres going to be a lot of bad goals in my career, just got to flush it out, he said afterward, four goals finding their way through on 32 shots. Bernier wasnt able to spend a ton of time on the ice this summer, undergoing sports hernia surgery after his first season in Toronto wrapped earlier that spring. He didnt get much game action in either, so the inactive start against the Canadiens didnt help much to jump into the rhythm of things. Bernier though hasnt been limited at all from the surgery; he felt fine after a month. What hes had to monitor and stay on top of instead is his left knee, which he injured in the Leafs fifth-to-last game of what was a disastrous late season collapse. Its nothing serious, he says. Patrice Bergeron, competing for position with former Leaf defender, Paul Ranger, fell in just the right spot. He felt the pain immediately when it happened, knew it right away. The injury is one that only heals with time. Its stiff from time to time, Bernier says, and requires a series of special stretches to get warm. Sometimes Ill feel a little pinch and obviously [Wednesday] that was a good test when I got run into it, Bernier said of Brendan Gallaghers charge into the net on Wednesday evening. Youre always kind of scared in the back of your head, but I have nothing to worry about. No two goalies were under siege last season quite like Bernier and Reimer, and if there was one encouraging sign for the former during exhibition season it was the hints of improvement defensively. The biggest thing, he noticed, was the stemming of opposition speed through the neutral zone. And as a goalie, and as a defenceman, thats probably the worst play in hockey when guys are coming full speed on the three-on-two or two-on-one, he said. I think we limited that and thats a big change for our group. If not exactly good pals, he and Reimer share a healthy respect for one another. I dont think its ever going to be a case where were buddy-buddy, said Reimer. Its not like were going to be going out for beers, but its a thing where we respect each other, we like each other. Its not necessarily about beating him out but its about playing your best and leaving it up to the coaches to decide, Reimer continued. Its not even necessarily that youre against the other guy, its more youre just playing your game, youre fighting as hard as you can and you hope that the coach gets impressed with how youre playing and you can get the nod. Bernier is hoping for the same. His path towards being a No. 1, which took a years-long detour in L.A., is now firmly underway in Toronto. Its a road thats only just beginning. Stefan Savic Jersey . Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3. Saul Niguez Jersey . - For years William Gay kept quiet. http://www.socceratleticomadridonline.u ... ey/.Johnny there, who knew he had that speed? teammate Tommy Wingels said.Scott and Matt Irwin were unlikely goal-scorers Tuesday night as the previously stingy San Jose Sharks finally sprung a leak or two, blowing a pair of three-goal leads before coming away with a 6-5 shootout victory over the Washington Capitals. Filipe Luis Jersey . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Gabi Jersey . The Rangers centre left early in Game 1 with an upper body injury after being checked by Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver and has not played since. Brassard told reporters after practice that he was good to go. That brought a smile to the face of Rangers coach Alain Vigneault. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The buzz is back in Charlotte. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan unveiled the new brand identity the Charlotte Hornets will use after this season. Jordan introduced the teams primary new logo and word mark -- as well as eight alternatives -- during a halftime ceremony Saturday night, saying "You guys asked and we delivered." The primary logo features the purple and teal formerly used by the Charlotte Hornets from 1988-2002 with a more aggressive-looking hornet with piercing eyes, a raised antennae, larger wings and pointed stinger. In the logo is a basketball that doubles as the hornets body with the Hornets wood mark written across it. The Bobcats officially become the Hornets the day after their final game this season. "Tonight is a special night," Jordan said. The event featured former Muggsy Bogues, Rex Chapman, Dell Curry and Kelly Tripucka, all former NBA players who played for the Hornets in Charlotte, as well as a video display with the new logo. Jordan received permission from the NBA board of directors this year to change the teams name after New Orleans owner Tom Benson vacated the name in favour of the Pelicans. The Hornets were located in Charlotte from 1988-2002 before then-owner George Shinn moved the team to New Orleans. On the video presentation at halftime, the voiceover began by saying "What once was lost has been willed by you to be found. The legend is our new legacy. Get ready for the buzz to return. Our city. Our colours. Our name. Were alll coming home.dddddddddddd" The new images can be seen at www.backbuzzcity.com. The merchandise featuring the new Hornets brand identity will be available for purchase at the Bobcats team store on Jan. 18. Bobcats COO Fred Whitfield said the team began conducting a Harris interactive poll to seek a name change shortly after Jordan became the teams majority owner in 2010. Whitfield said there was an enormous amount of time put into the decision to change the name, as well as the logos. "As we looked at the old logo, we realized we had to refresh it but respect the legacy that was here," Whitfield said "Theres more fierceness in the face of this Hornet. And they are very protective of their territory, which is what we want this team to be about." The Hornets also announced that "Hugo" will officially return to Buzz City as the teams mascot. "The players were beloved as was the mascot," Whitfield said. "So were all thrilled to bring Hugo back." Bobcats chief marketing office Pete Guelli said Jordan was very involved in the name change decision. "As with any owner, he wanted to be in the process," Guelli said. "And he did know a little bit more than most. But it really was a collaborative effort. He was part of the team that made a decision on which way to go." Guelli said the new brand identity logo design was collaborative effort between the Bobcats, Nike (Jordan Brand) and the NBAs Global merchandising group. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Bài viết: 1446
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 15/11/17 9:59
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần
Được cám ơn: 0 lần

Re: nd identity will be available for purchase a

Gửi bàigửi bởi kysutrantrong » Thứ 3 26/06/18 23:57

kkk
kysutrantrong

Bài viết: 2952
Ngày tham gia: Thứ 4 13/06/18 22:26
Đã cảm ơn: 0 lần